Sunday, December 6, 2009

What would you do if you encounter this situation ???

I'm sorry that I was unable to post my message and advice to this blog as I was very busy (In fact, I'm still busy and will be for this coming 2 weeks)... Now, this is the reason for my busy...

Now, imagine you have the following...

You have no lecture as the lecturer keeps cancelling the class...
Suddenly, after several weeks of class cancellation, lecturer gave you assignments...
No only that, he said that it is to be submitted by 2 weeks time or if you're unlucky, 1 week time...

Sounds managable right ???

What about if I added that you are taking six modules in a semester and this scenario occurs...
How's that ???

Well, this is what I'm facing, along with my Computer Science students... We got about 10 jobs (tasks) to complete and submit them before the dateline... I can give you all the tasks that we are doing right now, along with the dateline...

Algorithm Problem Solving Assignment 2 by 07/12/2009
Introduction to Artificial Intelligence Assignement 2 by 07/12/2009
Mathematics for Computer Scientists Assignment 2 by 10/12/2009
Skills for Communicating Information Assignment 2 (LATEX) by 21/12/2009
Skills for Communicating Information Assignment 3 (Essay) by 15/12/2009
Skills for Communicating Information Assignment 4 (CV and Cover Letter) by 22/12/2009
Programming Lab Assessment 4 test will be on 11/12/2009
Computer Systems Architecture Test 2 will be on 10/12/2009
Skills for Communicating Information Presentation will be on 17/12/2009 and topic based on Assignment 3
Computer Systems Architecture Lab Assessment (Date TBA)
Programming Test (Date TBA)

Not only that, if you notice the date for the tests, we CSIT students actually have 3 tests for this coming week, and we're not even prepared for the tests !!!

The lesson here is, take this as a challenge... By doing so, you'll never think of whether the dateline is coming, tests are coming, and whether you're prepared or not... I know, my CSIT friends, It's not possible, but the least you can do is try your very best to do as much as possible... Like what my friend from CSIT said, we CSIT should be HARDCORE !!!

P.S.   The lecturer should not have cancel classes very frequent in the first place...