Who wouldn't want gold ??? After all, it's shiny is it ??? This is the same goes to your identity... They are valuable to you...
The story goes like this, it occurred today whereby I was doing my revision and finishing my 7 assignments (FYI, dateline for the assignments is by next week), when I got a call from a friend and my family member that I was accused for committing a crime and will be taken to the police lockup in one hour... I was like HUH ??? and WHAT ??!! I was furious !!! I didn't wrote that !!! So, just to be sure, I went into my Facebook and check my Wall and what I saw surprised me... Someone did wrote that crappish thing on my Facebook account !!! I WAS HACKED !!! So, I immediately delete the post and write a new post, telling everyone it was a fake (a job of a hacker)...
Let me tell you this...
I AM NOT GOING TO LOCKUP OR JAIL OR GAOL OR THE MAXIMUM SECURITY if you wanna ask me... OK ?!
Anyway, that line of sentence whereby I'm going to the lockup has actually cause all of my friends to panic !!! Luckily, I managed to write at my status, telling them that my account was hacked and the message was a fake... Also lucky that the hacker did not change my password or any of my login credentials for my Facebook... Who knows what will happen if that really happens... Apparently, the hacker is so stupid for not changing the password... So, I changed my password and hopefully, no one will hack my Facebook again...
So, the moral of the scenario here, keep a low profile and keep your identity very close to you while onlining... It's important not to reveal it as you may encounter something like this or worst if you are performing online banking, your account might be $0.00 if someone manage to get your identity... Luckily, I was hacked in Facebook only, not other sites... So, my fellow readers, don't let them get your identity... In fact I will describe a bit on how you can prevent from being hacked...
1. Whenever you browse the Net (IE or Firefox or any other browsers), when it comes to login page, be sure to look at the URL Address Bar for the following
https://
This shows that the site is secure and it's safe to login... Any site without the https, you should be careful when providing your credentials.
2. Next, always log out after a session... Don't just close your Internet browser as it is not log out...
3. This is by far the most important part in avoiding hacking, which is to clear your Internet browser traces a.k.a Internet cache and history... It's simple, the very simple way to delete your Internet traces is by pressing CTRL-SHIFT-DEL (or Delete) while your Internet browser is still open... Do it before closing the browser... N.B This applies on practically most Internet browser...
4. Before shutting down, perform a disk clean up to clear your computer hard drive as they may still be some traces that cannot be deleted from the browser... This is should done before shutting down as it completely clear your traces even if you didn't delete from the browser... This is done by performing the following.
For Windows 7 (some may be using it), Windows Vista, and Windows xp,
1. Go to My Computer.
2. Right Click Local Disk (C:\) where your Windows is installed (basically the drive C) and click Properties.
3. Click Disk Cleanup.
4. Wait till a window pops up.
5. Check Temporary Internet files, Downloaded Programs, and also, Temporary files (the Windows).
6. Click OK to perform the cleanup.
I hope none of you got hacked cause being hacked is one of the most serious issue whereby once you got hacked, you will never feel safe, for a long long time...
