Monday, September 23, 2019

Helping Hand

There is always one thing in life that we love to do, giving a HELPING HAND. We tend to lend our helping hands to others as we dislike seeing them in difficulties. Nobody would. I too portray this traits of not liking to see my friends, whether is my schoolmates, unimates, or even my work colleagues, to face difficult times. If I am able to help, why should I not, rite ?

But the problem comes is that some of us, I know I was once, expect things in return for helping others in troubled time. That was a big mistake cause in truth, most of the time, almost everyone that got help from others, ended up gone separate ways. I am sorry to tell you this, but in reality, people come to you only cause they find you resourceful, and when your fuel runs dry, that is where you become expandable to them.

However, not all people are like that. There are still people that will in turn will help you in the future after you helped them in the past. The secret behind this is that it all comes down to your level of friendship. I have a friend from office who actually dislikes me for the way I am. He kinda bullied me in a way at office for my awkwardness. And, whenever he is in trouble, he refused to ask for help and rather endure the struggle all by himself. However, after knowing him that his resource is running dry, I decided that I would helped him despite his refusal in the beginning. Now, you all might be guessing that I would expect him to return the favor rite ? Well, that was then. Now, I think what that makes me feel happy of helping people is that, at least I don't get to see the people around me struggle in enduring life struggle. He still bullied me in a way, but the way he did was now more constructive to improve my personalities. And that is not what I expect, but somehow, it is something that eventually helped me to be better. Ended up, we get along better now.

So, to my readers, don't expect anything in return when helping your friends, cause most of the time, you will not get it. If you willing to help, your mindset must be ready for the outcome. After all, you only help because you wanted to, not being forced to. Lastly, remember that friendship is important. Thus, never let your expectation of favor returns be the one that ruins you and your friends relationship.