Thursday, June 9, 2011

Learn Something New

This might sound a bit "tech-y" but I will try to make it as simple as possible.

Now, since I started using computer (years ago), I thought that Windows is the only OS in the world as everybody is using it. But as time passes by, I was convinced by one of my friends that another particular OS is far better ! UNIX ! I was WOWed by him as he is right ! Also, realized that there are more than 1 OS (other than Windows). So, therefore, my interest to Windows started to reduce as I venture to explorer and learn new things that these OS provides, as I know it is much more simple compared to Windows, if you have the initiative to learn. In addition, found out that Windows tends to give me unnecessary bugs and errors which I myself can't completely rectify knowing that for Windows, I must contact their support center so that their technician can release a patch to Windows. And sometimes, these patches does not make things right, but in fact, worsen things as I know that there was a patch when I installed it, I wasn't able to install Service Pack 1 (that was in Vista time and at least it doesn't happen in 7). But in other OS, you can even look into the root and get it fixed as simple as pie.

So, what I'm trying to say here is, set your own trend. Don't follow others. For instance, Windows, I find that they somehow hypnotize people to the extend that everything can be done using "click click click". I'm not trying to say Windows is bad, don't get me wrong, ya ? But let me ask you, what happen if I pull the mouse from the PC ? Can you work without a mouse in Windows. Hardly right ? But not in UNIX, as if you are willing to learn, everything can be done using CLI (Command Line Interface). So, venture for something new. Don't stick to one same thing only. And this applies to all ages ya ?